Monday, June 28, 2010

The Lost Stole!!!


For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.!!

On a recent summery day, I was waiting at the stop for dear Anusha to pick me to office.Then I opened by umbrella from my bag and a thought crossed my mind that I might loose something and therefore I was careful with my phone and wallet. So there she came to pick me up..and in my hurry I opened the car door and put my things in the back seat and entered the front seat. Little distance we covered and I knew that somethn was missing..I checked my bag, My stole was gone. That was my favourite stole, I looked for it in the back and front seats and it was gone :( . I almost had tears in my eyes and was sulking thats when Anusha cheered me up to forget it and undesrtand that its time was done..

Its a very common situation we all land up with, first we get attached to something and then when we loose it, we sulk about it some for few minutes and some for ages. That reminds me of a story from Bible, of a woman with 10 coins, when she looses one, she goes in search of her lost coin, she reaches out to all the places, finally when she finds it, her joy is complete. Further, this lady goes and celebrates for having found that one single coin.
And this story is apt for all of us too, we loose and find things, but the feeling of finding the lost one is amazing and it is infact a great relief. Well, that's materialistic association what one holds to.
However, when it comes to humans, we see many a time, that all of us are associated to many people deeply in our lives. I dont want to quote any examples of who could be so close to you and I, as we know the list goes long and endless.It is love that goes unconditionally to those that are dear to us. And there comes a point in each one of our lives when we loose one of them. Thats a hard fact to accept, the one dear to us is no more turning back no more talking to us, no more hearing us, no more coming home no matter what we do, they cannot be counted or depended. It is a mystery to understand and I guess it is unsolved yet. The heart that goes out for that simple stole and that single single coin goes even more deeply to that one who's gone forever to the land of paradise. A land of unreturn, a land of silence, a land of questions yet with no answers, a land of only fond memories.I understand that the complaining and groaning is only for the void that dear one has made in our lives..Somehow it is just that our world becomes suddenly incomplete without them. Whom shall we question the same for taking the loved one? Should we or shouldn't we? As Job rightly says in the Bible, "The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away, Blessed be thus, the name of the Lord!" It really takes time and courage for all of us to understand that statement and apply it in our lives, but we all do fight within ourselves at some point with the question, "Why me" !I think thats the part of the process in making a stronger and a better 'You' to carry that pain of not having that loved one anymore..

But time is a healer, lets not forget that. As time ages we all tend to grow out of that pain and gradullay accept the loss and live with it. With great patience and learning we have to give ourselves sometime and not to push hard to let it go. Else this will cause our other relationships to suffer greatly, which is not because you want it to happen that way but it is because somewhere unconsciously you tend to throw that frustration on others. In my opinion we have to continue to respect and value our relationships and take them as source of help to grow out of the pain.I want to leave you with this thought, You And I know that we all have to enter that land of silence, how about giving the others who love us unconditinally, a chance of their lifetime to make you that special one who would be missed dearly when we are gone! Why we try and fight with things that are not in our control rather to making life that can be bettered by all means and control!

P.S: I want to dedicate this to my dear friend Rukmani who of my age, married and with a 8 year old son and has recently lost her husband, a friend and a companion of her life a loss that can never be replaced!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.Lizzy thoughtful i must say. Just trying to relate it to my life.

    ReplyDelete